- Describe your age.
older than 33, younger than 35. A fine age blending youth and experience.
- Where were you five years ago?
Hitchhiking across Africa
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- What's a good night's entertainment for you and your friends?
Drinking Mountain Goat beer at the Great Britain Hotel and talking motorbikes.
- What got you into DVD and how long ago?
A passion for movies. I upgraded to DVD 3 months ago.
- What do you love about DVD?
You do not have to rewind. Picture quality.
- Given the advances in DVD over the past few years, does the format still surprise you and why?
- What title in your collection do you use to introduce friends and family to DVD and why?
Lawrence of Arabia because it is visually magnificent and when played on a widescreen T.V, the quality of the image is showcased with maximum impact.
- Outside of DVD, what keeps you entertained?
Motorcyling. Golf. Writing my zany musical.
Hanging out with friends.
- Have you ever met someone famous before and/or wish to meet someone famous?
I dated Rosamund Pike before she was famous and delivered dresses to Kylie Minogue when I was a courier in London.
I also had relations with a past star of Neighbours but I will not disclose with whom (except to say i never delivered a dress to her so don't get any ideas. Kylie, I said, you're just too short for me but please sign for the Versace!!
I want to meet Bruce Springsteen. I know, tragic!
- What is your current method of transport and what would you like to upgrade to?
Triumph TT600 is my sole method of transportation other than the tram. I would like to upgrade to a Triumph Daytona or MV Augusta.
I do not wish to upgrade to a train.
- What is your favorite recipe/meal/take-away?
Recipe: Authentic carbonara (no cream!!!)
Meal: Lamb Roast or sausage in bread.
Favourite take-away:Fruscolino's pizza in East Richmond.
- What is the only joke you seem to remember when people around you are telling jokes?
Q: How do you fit an elephant into a Safeway shopping bag?
Ans: You take the F out of way.
- Can you juggle? Can you juggle knives? Can you still juggle?
Yes I can juggle. 4 balls is developing. Knives? I have never tried but I can juggle most objects including pins.
- What are the most memorable nicknames you've had in your lifetime?
- What was the first video game you fell in love with, on what machine? What is your favourite now?
- What are your favourites? (Music, movies, books, anything!)
Music: Bruce Springsteen. African drum and harmonies. Global music.
Books: Catch 22, Narziss and Goldmund, Anthills of the Savannah.
Film: Lawrence of Arabia, Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet, Mad Max, The Third Man, The Maltese Falcon, Leon. (Generally, I prefer classics and arthouse/foreign to mainstream).
- What DON'T you like about DVD?
Getting them out of the box.
|Ross's recent reviews:
The Night Stalker / The Night Strangler Collection
"the show the X-Files wanted to be"
The Battle For The Tasman
"an after thought aimed to take advantage of the interest created by New Zealandís current test tour, of which there is none."
Richie Benaud's Greatest XI
"like a relaxed conversation between two gentlemen of the members on a rain interrupted fourth day"
The House of Cards Trilogy
"Yes Minister gets nasty."
Desperate Man Blues
"Brimming with great stories and wonderful music, this is an intelligent and engaging documentary."
Shakespeare - Macbeth
"A gripping interpretation played out on a simple set. This is genuine theatre."
"a jagged reality rendered to the screen with sharp direction and superb visualisation."
"Orlando is an experience, as if walking through a masterwork of the Renaissance.
Roger Ramjet: Deluxe Collector's Edition
"Quirky and clever, this well presented box set is a must for fans of Roger Ramjet"
"Straw Dogs has more to offer than splashes of blood - an honest portrayal of brutality."
List all Ross's reviews